Wolves of Geffen And Allies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves of Geffen And Allies

A page for the Hunters of the Night.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Empty
PostSubject: Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:31 am

Thank you for all of you looking at my drawings. I'd like to save that space for my drawings, so please insert your helpful ideas, informative comments, and unearthly bashes here. Any and all ideas will be taken into account and properly replied to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:31 pm

I dont know that I'll be doing any bashing...but for starters, I do have a question. What is Prelude to Nephia?
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: Thank you Ceer.   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:48 am

Ok First off. Prelude to Nephia is the first game in a series of ( i don't know how many) games based around the abilities of magic, science, time/space travel, and the complete immersion of a person into his/her story. Think of Fable, but you can literally craft your own weapons (how the blade looks and everything).

From the beginning... The main character is Nerulth, a boy who's name doesn't mean anything. At least, in his culture's dialect (Western Carnegie).

In his culture, your name depicts who you are destined to be. So let's say your name meant "green fish" in the Western Carnegie dialect, then you could become a beautiful and attractive person; if your name meant, say, "Hard-Stone," then you were destined to be strong and tough. (This is what is believed by Nerulth's culture. This "destiny" stuff really isn't the case, its more... like a person who's name translates into "Hard-Stone" will work towards being strong and will ultimately become strong.)

That being the case, if you understand me so far, Nerulth has no destiny, because his name doesn't mean anything. It's like naming someone George compared to uh... Chase. I would be destined to be a fast runner and George (his name not being a noun, adjective, or verb which meant anything) would have no destiny.

So.. Nerulth creates his very own language, from the time he was 7 ( keep in mind that their planet's rotation is about a half a year more than ours, so he's about 10) until the age of 23. He develops an entirely new slew of symbols to use for his language and a not so different dictionary. He commonly uses words from the Carnegie language, but puts different and more logical meanings to them. He creates a total of 23,399 words before a certain incident occurs...

That's the begging of the story. I'll tell you more if you inquire about it. To put it basically, you can use magic, science, and logic to traverse the world and travel time to five different time periods: Very past, past, present, future, and very future. The game's 'present' is like pre-history to us. The games 'future' is about our Middle-Ages. The game's 'very future' is about 1000-2000 years in our future. This is an equivalent, I'm not saying that Nerulth's home world is Earth. In fact, I am excluding earth from his galaxy. I doubt I'll make it so you can traverse an entire galaxy but...

yeah. I'm sorry for not answering your question fully, but the smaller questions you ask, the better ans more precise I can answer them. oh! yeah! Nerulth's home world is a water-planet. The only land sticking out of the water is a two inch (approx.) top of a mountain named Nephia.

Try asking.. "what is Nephia" "What is the incedent" and "how do you time-travel" next time. Though I'm sure you will gain much insight if you read the descriptions of the characters from the "Hari's Stuff" section of the posts. There are a ton of my characters there now with descriptions of the game as well. look into it.
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: ...wow.   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:23 pm

Sorry for being off the postings and such for a long time. but on with the explanations!!! Razz

Nephia is an undersea mountain. It holds the largest concentration of unlight energy on any world. It is seeked after by treasure hunters, who think there might be treasure in Nephia, power seekers, scientists (from the future), and monsters alike.

In the Present, in Nerulth's town, the lucky number is 6. I got this from 666, which I don't believe to be the devil's number but the number of human imperfections, those imperfections making us human. Imperfect.

Anyway. The lucky or "destined" number is 6. This is also known as Nephia's number. In a family, the closer you are to the number 6. The more powerful you are. The more destined you are. It is said that a person who is the 6th child of a family is the destined person to "raise" Nephia. This meaning that this person would give hope to the people by giving them land. Which Nerulth does. No, he is not the sixth child of his family (which by chance is actually considered "royalty". His father is the sixth child of a father who was the sixth child.) His little brother Josep is more powerful than Nerulth because he is closer to the number 6.

Sigh. Now for a long explanation.

Nerulth is the main character of the story.
Excalenhradoth is the planet he lives on. Also known as "Doth" for an easier way to say its utterly ridiculous name I've created for it.
The Arhn are a race of elementals who lived on a planet million of light years away from Doth. It is protected with an unlight energy shield when it's sun explodes and propelles the planet toward excalenhradoth. The arhn were originated from their very planet, which has a black hole at the center of it. Though it is not large enough to suck up the planet itself, it does create a large enough unlight energy source to allow the formation of the Arhn.
Unlight Energy is the only known magic hat obeys the rules of science. It is an advanced form of Alchemy. A person speaks an incantation word. The vibrations from this word creates a small space that, with a given temperature, allows unlight energy to exist. Think of it this way: Heat is the vibration of particles right? Sound is vibrations correct? Thus sound can be a form of heat, if a minute one. Anyway, different temperatures can form different forms of unlight energy. The hotter it is the more rigid and powerful (though obviously harder to control) the unlight energy that is created is. The colder it is the more static and immovable it is. The center is where the fluid moving unlight energy exists. Unlight Energy is also known as Orthodox Magic.
Aura is the name of a country in the Future, remember that the future is like our middle ages, so magic and monsters are about to be found. It is where most of the main characters reside, such as Nerulth's wife, Idfaunohr.

That is all for now.
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: Character Descriptions 1 - Nerulth, Josep, Dr. Norian   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 am

Nerulth: As you all should know by now, Nerulth is the main Character of my story/game. He is the first person on his planet (Named Doth) to discover the energy called Unlight and a way to use it. He discovers it after saying the 23,400th word in his own (as in, he created it) language. He creates this language to give his life meaning. If you don't get this concept, read the first informative post. The first word he creates is 'Nerulth.' duh. he gives it the meaning of existence, solid, something tangible, ect. Being the main protagonist in my story and the first person on his planet to discover the energy, he hides it. He puts all of his research in the back of a black book with golden outlines. The title of it being Nephia ef Rhonhiir (which I completely made up right now, If you have a better name for the book, PLEASE tell me). This title is in the language of his ancestors and not of his new language. It translates into "Prelude to Nephia" which is also oddly the title to my game. He creates two books, one for his language and one for his studies. The first book, Named Ausrith, which if I could put the correct symbols and you could see them, would actually be called Aura. Yes, this is the name of the country in the future where most of the main characters I have made so far reside. The first book, after Nephia and all land on Doth (the name of Neurlth's planet which is just short for Excalenhradoth... Help me make a better name...) is risen to the surface. I want to intend that Nerulth raises Nephia, but I've had some thoughts that when he actually does get into Nephia that the dark spirits and guardians transform him into an evil creature of some sort. With that being said, I think Nerulth's brother, Josep, is the one who raises Nephia.

Josep: Warning! All this Stuff about Josep I'm making up right now... Please help me refine This very Important Character. Josep is Nerulth's younger brother, thus the 2nd son. This fact is very important because the closer you are to the number six the more powerful you are in Nerulth's society. Thus Josep, being the second son, is more powerful (in fact, because his father becomes infertile after Josep, Josep will ultimately become the next leader of the town). Josep finds Nerulth's second book after Nerulth's accidentally goes to the future (to the Auran Battle of the Run, where he first meets Idfaunohr). A local towns girl is one of many in Josep's posse, consisting of three boys and about 4 girls. Obviously he has more girls than boys, but his guy friends are a little more loyal and friendly. After his brother leaves, Josep happens to fall in on a town meeting where the town leader is disowning Nerulth from the town. The town leader (who I will describe later) states that Nerulth never had a place in their society and is better off living somewhere else. He also states that if Nerulth ever comes back to the town that only the children can talk to him.

Dr. Norian: The main enemy to my game. He is by no means a final boss, but he is powerful enough to seek a disastrous revenge on Nerulth. He is from the Very Future, a time when Doth is near uninhabited. Most of the people have moved to one of six different planets and the little that remain in doth are under the rule of a strict aristocrat named Ivir Bestonik. Space is now a livable place, people living in or going through space stations are common. Dr. Norian is the apprentice to Dr. Brenheld, a galaxy-renowned scientist and theologan. Dr. Brenheld was working on a fusion generator to power the next highly anticipated Viresis Space Station that was funded by himself. Dr. Norian was helping him finish the project when a small fracture occured in the electromagnetic barrier covering the highly radioactive and hot fusion ball. The crack was due to Nerulth traveling through it by means of a Leviath. Leviaths, which are powered by unlight energy are not unlike fusion generators are both a part of the existence of unlight energy. Unlight energy, also known as Orthodox Magic, contains both fusion energy and dark matter. Dark matter resides in leviaths and fusion energy... resides in a fusion generator. That is why Nerulth is able to use the fusion generator to travel time. Anyways. The blast of unlight energy exerted from the generator after Nerulth's entrance through it knocks back Dr. Norian and Dr. Brenheld. Both of the doctors are knocked out, but Dr. Brenheld quickly bleeds to death. After Dr. Norian wakes up, he sees both Nerulth and Dr. Brenheld on the floor, bleeding. He suspects that Nerulth caused the accident, but throws that idea to the side as he is trying to help Dr. Brenheld. Nerulth is adopted into the space station as the new assistant to Dr. Norian. There, Nerulth learns that the people who live on this and about 30 other space stations are learned in the Auran language, or to be put more informatively, the language that Nerulth Created in his first book, Ausrith. This being said, Dr. Norian teaches Nerulth of the future, how to develop and program machines (which he does with the help of a brain programmer to help Nerulth learn this stuff quicker), and what made the very future as it is. Nerulth creates a robot, the first series that can use unlight energy and telepathically communicate with its master, and without the permission of Dr. Norian, teleports through the fusion generator to the future with the robot (keep in mind he is actually going BACK in time, from the very future to the future). Dr. Norian now reveals his anger he once had for Nerulth killing (even if by accident) Dr. Brenheld and now his fury that Nerulth stole HIS robot. He finds the plans for Nerulth's creation and makes better versions of it to track down and destroy their former creator. Nerulth's first robot is unknowingly connected to all of the other robots Dr. Norian creates afterward, and he is easily able to track Nerulth down and destroy his life, be that Idfaunohr or Nerulth himself.

AfterNote: What Dr. Norian doesn't know is that Nerulth will become a monster later in the game. He creates a split-personality, one which inevitably becomes the unlight monster after his sacrafice, and one which takes over Nerulth's body afterward. The robot is to protect Nerulth, no matter who or where he is, so he remains in contact with the monster Nerulth at all times. He then tells the second Nerulth within Nerulth's former body of the monster Nerulth's whereabouts. The Body Nerulth's only mission is to reunite the two Nerulth's into one. The monster Nerulth's mind had been distorted and twisted and he regrets the sacrifice he made in order to save the world. The monster Nerulth's (who btw, is made of pure unlight energy, kind've like the Arhn) mission is to destroy Nerulth before he makes the sacrifice again. So yes, the monster Nerulth is going to meet Nerulth before he makes the sacrifice and tries to kill him.

That is all for now, I'll come back with three more character descriptions next time. Be sure to check out the Hari's Stuff for more character descriptions and pretty pictures too! ^^

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: Character and Story Desriptions 2 - Treth: The Arhn   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 am

Treth: This is the main Arhn character. He is the first of the 3-eye kind of Arhn. Up until his creation, there had only been two types of Arhn. The first type was one-eye (keep in mind that these "eyes" aren't actually eyes. They look like fangs but are actual psychic transmitters used to speak to other through their minds). The one eyes', when they acquire enough unlight energy, split their one eye into two eyes. When the Arhn planet gets destroyed, after it hits the smaller of Doth's two moons, it released a gigantic amount of unlight radiation. This passed onto the one-eyed Arhn that were still alive after their planet's destruction. A few of the one-eyes (the first being Treth) split their eyes into three, creating the Livaentos or the three-eyed sages. Their power exceeded those of the two-eyes and thus had greater power within the small but thriving community of Arhn beneath Doth's waters. This is during the present. Also during the Arhn planet's destruction, multiple moon fragments of the once orbiting smaller moon plummeted to Doth's surface (if you can call large expanses of water 'surface') and conveniently fell right on top of Nerulth's village. Large orbs of unlight energy were beginning to appear, destroying whatever happened to be in that particular space before it formed. Nerulth's heard screams from his Isolated, yet centralized shack and ran outside to see what was going on. He saw people; dead, running around, bloody, and/or dismembered until his focus was on his old house. It was also covered in a black sphere. He runs toward his house, dodging the random bodies comets and unlight spheres that litter the once-peaceful town. The reaches the sphere, and starts the incantation to an orthodox barrier spell, using some driftwood as a medium. He jumps into the sphere, without thought. This normally would instantly destroy the person who jumped in, but Nerulth's barrier lessens the effect of the unlight spheres degenerative properties. Though not completely. It starts searing off peaces of his body. He makes it into his house bleeding. He goes off into a kitchen-like area and searches for something to wrap up his wounds. Parts of his scalp and hair are gone. His right arm is bleeding profusely until he uses another unlight spell to regenerate his cells using a family painting as a medium. He then promptly runs upstairs and noticing that his parents room is empty, starts calling for his brother. Shaking his brother awake, he notices that the green tint that made the walls was turning oddly black. The unlight sphere was closing in on them. He hurriedly grabbed Josep by the waist and lifted him up just as Josep was waking up. Josep asked what was going on but was ignored by his scarred and rushed brother. Nerulth heard a strange sound come from behind him, and turned around sharply to find what the source of the sound was. Just as he did this he heard a large crack and felt his brother's body go limp. Noticing the silence of his now K.O.'ed brother and the small stream of blood running from the side of his head to the floor, Nerulth found it was better if Joseph went back to sleep. Nerulth headed for the front of the unlight barrier and performed the same orthodox magic barrier spell he used before but with large fish as the medium and quickly jumped into the blackness again. His trip out of the sphere wasn't quite as excruciating as his trip inward. That is, until he found himself flying the opposite direction from which he came. And higher, much, much higher. He noticed through his flight a smaller sphere erupting from the larger one, and thought that that must contain his brother, but before finishing his thought his back hit the water with a thundering smack. And then all went dark. And it was still dark when he awoke. He could breath, he could feel ground below him. Wait. Ground? He felt around him and found what he was actually standing on was wet. But not wood. It was grainy like his mother's green clam soup. He threw this thought away and continued on with his trek across... this ground. He heard something in the distance and went towards it. He felt it only for a moment. Another smack, but to his head this time. And he awoke again, but this time there was light. A faint, but unmistakable light. From his left. He looked over to see a large plant radiating a soft, yellow glow. And then it was gone. Or not gone but, darkened. A shape had darkened the light. The shape had a definite top, bot its bottom was ever moving... almost paper like. The figure just stood there. or... it was just there. Nerulth couldn't tell what it was standing on, it it was standing at all. Just then it spoke, almost in a whisper, but then louder. "----- -- ---- --- -- ". Nerulth couldn't talk. He tried, but he couldn't. "----- -- ---- --- -- " Then he thought what the figure was trying to say. "Who are you?" boomed the figure. Nerulth's couldn't see the mouth, but he was sure that the creature's mouth must have been very large. "Nerulth." Nerulth thought. He couldn't speak, he could only think. "Good." the figure stated. Then a piercing, bright light emanated from the figures direction. Nerulth had to turn away to block the overwhelmingly bright light, but found he couldn't move either. Closing his eyes, her heard the figure say, "Yenthis." After the glow disappeared, Nerulth opened his eyes. He tried to move his jaw and it followed his commands, he tried to get up and did. He looked around at his feet and the started looking upwards. Toward the figure he walked, his gaze first on the figure's liquid-like body, still unseen and black from the light behind him. Then traveling to the body of the figure, two torch-like masses burned flames from his back, one a soft flame, and another like a jet. As he stopped in front of the figure he found its face. Or what seemed to be his face. Two protruding fangs hung from it but another was stuck on his head, which resembled the beak of the fig (a whale like monster that eats hard-shell viris (turtles) and rocks). He found that there was no mouth on the monster... or person... or thing. Suprising Nerulth, it said, "My name is Treth, welcome to Eir, Neriulthi."

Afernote: 'Neriulthi' is the correct pronunciation of Nerulth's name. If i was able to put the correct symbols in his name, then I could teach you more of the western Carnegie dialect. When I refer to him outside of speech, I will refer to him as "Nerulth" but when someone speaks his name it is considered "Neriulthi." Also, the reason Nerulth couldn't understand Treth at first was because Nerulth's mind wasn't open to Treth's probing psychic eyes. When he thought "what is he saying?" his mind become opened and Treth was allowed to learn the western Carnegie dialect and Auran Dialect. (Auran dialect is the language Nerulth created, one of his books floated off to sea after his leaving the town, and it ended up on the lad where the country Aura was to reside when Josep raised Nephia somewhere between the present and future.

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: General Info/ Gameplay 1 - Introduction to Story / Doth   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 pm

Okay, first post. Welcome to Exkalenhradoth, or just Doth, a place where nature and magic and civilization exist in a delicate harmony. This is the planet where most of the story will be played out on. Inside of the game you are able to travel to 5 different times in Doth's history: Very Past, Past, Present, Future, and Very Future. Think of "Past" as our world would be really far back in our time. "Present" would be Pre-history, "Future" would be like our Middle ages, and "Very future" would be extremely far into our future, 3 centuries or more in our future. "very past" is only about 600 centuries after Doth was created.
The main Character, Nerulth (or as he is called by his townspeople, Neriulthi), lives in the present. In the present, Doth is a water planet and has no land except for two inches off the top of a mountain called Nephia. The town that Nerutlh lives on is connected to Nephia to keep the town from floating away and Nephia, thus, is named a holy artifact to the town.
In this town, the number '6' is a holy number. I wanted my belief that 666 is not the Devil's number, but the number of human imperfections that makes us human. It is not a bad number, but a number that signifies why we are human. So in the town, the closer you are to number 6 in anything the better. Nerulth is part of a royal family (there are three royal families in the town, you have to be the 6th son of a 6th son of a 6th son to become one) but he is the first child. He was going to be the successor to the throne until his brother was born. Being the 2nd son, his brother took the reign of successor and left Nerulth with nothing. This wasn't evil, it was law. Nerulth's brother didn't actually have to do anything, other than be born, to get the right to the throne over his brother. The real resentment is when you are the seventh son.

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: General Info/ Gameplay 2 - Creating Weapons   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Next: the gameplay of Nephia. Creating Weapons

In the game, you can create your own weapons, and I don't just mean imbuing them with magical powers or giving them attack boosts (which, by the way, you can do). I mean you can create your own models of weapons. Depending on the parts you use (which can be one of many base objects you can get from making or trading for them), the way you modify it (you can make it thinner, longer, shorter, sharper. If you wanted to, you could take a blade, make it so it doesn't have a sharp edge anymore, make it shorter, and in the end have a knife that causes bludgeon damage), and editing it (there will be an editing screen that allows you to create holes, round and straight edges, put different designs on your weapon).
You can change the color of the weapon slightly by mixing dye ores into the mix for when you are making the base element for the weapon. These dye ores also have certain properties mixed into them. Take the green dye ore for example. The green ore changes the color of the weapon green but also makes it quite lighter. The downside to this, of course is that the weapon loses stamina and has a greater chance to break. This color would be great for assassins because it makes the weapon light enough to carry and they usually don't clash against other weapons. black dye ore raises sharpness (if your weapon is sharp) but raises the chance for your weapon to break. Red ore causes infection but is very heavy. Blue ore increases the magical potency for the weapon but is also very explosive, keep blue weapons away from fire. White dye ore can help your weapon become temporarily invisible, allowing you to strike an opponent without him seeing your weapon, but increases the chance of you dropping the weapon too.
you can mix dye ores as well when creating the base for the object (an object is one part of a weapon. The amount of parts you need for a weapon depends on the type of weapon you want to make) to come up with different effects.
When creating your weapon, an info sheet somewhere on the screen will list the weapons stats. This includes but is not limited to: weight, length of the blade, width of the blade, length of the grip, sharpness at a particular place on the blade, the diameter of the handle, and the brittleness or strength of one part of the weapon (just so you can find its weak spots).
Because the type of weapons you can make are pretty much limitless, I will add a function that will give your weapon a type. That is, depending on the objects you use, where you place them, how sharp or dull they are, how long they are, and if they use projectiles such as arrows or rocks or bullets, how much it weighs, and if it has any magical properties the game will generate a type for the weapon. For example, if you create a bow, but it is imbued with a fire crystal or something, weighs a lot, is very thick, has blades on the sides, and is very large, the game would name the weapons type as: Fire Battle Longbow. If you have a longsword and it is sharp, the game will name its type as: longsword. but if it isn't really sharp the game will name it: bludgeon longsword. So depending on about 30 different variables the game will be able to classify your weapon. But you can give it a name such as "Lehritoria" if you so please.
Another thing. you can use almost anything in a game to make a weapon. A tree branch, dirt, sand, rocks, diamonds, rare crystalline elements, animal skins, and synthetic elements can all be basically picked up off the ground and then sheared or melted and then mixed to create a base object. You can buy base objects, items, herbs, and materials at stores.

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: General Info/ Gameplay 3 - Types of combat / Magic   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Prelude to Nephia - General Information 3

Types of combat

The best part about Prelude to Nephia is the combat scheme. After creating your weapon, you can choose from a subgroup of about 5 or more different fighting styles available to your type of weapon. After you choose a fighting style you customize the way you attack. Certain attacks, such as a forward thrust, may be better for a rapier-like weapon than a full blown, half-ton greatsword. Depending on how much of a certain stat you have, certain moves can be acquired. For example, if you are very strong but not very agile, more strength-based attacks are available to you.
Also, depending on the time period you are in, there are many different types of magic to choose from. I have based the magic that can be used on myths of magic in Earth's history. There are element-based magics, animal/companion-based magics, nature-based magics, ritualistic magics, and many other types. Depending on your magical orientation certain magic abilities will be available or not available for you to use. Also, by learning multiple types of magic you may unlock skills that require you to learn magics from two or more types of magic. To make this even more complex, once you learn a certain magic there may be another magic that you can't learn because of it. This may not be a completely true exapmle, but for example, If you learn a holy (probably ritual) magic, than you may not be able to learn some of the more powerful skills from satanism magic. by the way, satanism magic is implanting certain things from your body into another's, or sucking something out. It is not necessarily an evil magic because you can use it to heal people with your own life energy and implant enemies with a deadly illness you had in your body.
So far, These are the magics I have found and am implementing into the game:

Types of unorthodox magic:
1. Animism- summoning/ transformation into animals or mystic beings
2. Bon- rhythmic magic through dance, song, and incantation through bodily movements.
3. Ceremonial incantation- the use of many people, objects, or any of the like to complete a complex form of incantation. Commonly necromancy.
4. Chaos magic- illusionary magic created by use of seals around a given space
5. Druidry- communication with the “soul” of the earth through either incantation or speaking in an ancient language.
6. Hermetic Qabalah- use of divine magic through bodily movements and/or incantations to give oneself divine blessings or smite the enemy with divine power
7. hermeticism- the use of prayer to invoke the power of good or evil.
8. Huna- the concept of the Three Selves – the low self, middle self and higher self; or unconscious, conscious and super-conscious, which is called the 'unihipili, the 'uhane and the 'aumakua. Serge King has articulated seven principles of Huna[1]:
1. The world is what you think it is.
2. There are no limits.
3. Energy flows where attention goes.
4. Now is the moment of power.
5. To love is to be happy with (someone or something).
6. All power comes from within.
7. Effectiveness is the measure of truth.
9. Nawal- The use of a spiritual animal companion that can attack and transform into a human form, but can also allow you to gain its powers and its form. Animism allows you a broader spectrum of animals but are frequently less powerful and cannot transform into a human or lend you their powers.
10. Obi- use of physical objects to charm a person with their magical properties (magical imbuement).
11. Onmyodo- the use of divine and spiritual power for large defensive scales and purifying.
12. Palo- the summoning of spirits through the burning or ritualistic items and people’s remains, often used to bring people back from the dead as spirits.
13. Pow-wow- the use of demonic symbols to massively heal or imbue a target.
14. Phychonaut- “explorers of the mind” Use of mind reading techniques and incantations to target certain parts of the spirit and mind to read, alter, or destroy. Also commonly used to depict past events through object-reading by reading the spirit of an object.
15. Quimbanda- Lucky imbuement.
16. Reiki- The use of palm healing, but it takes a month of divine purification of one’s energy and soul to heal one person completely. Most pure form of healing.
17. Satanism- taking another’s pain and sin by sucking it out of the target, can also be used to rid one’s own ailments and curses. But at the cost of the other person.
18. Sied- Illusionary and powers which manipulate the mind. Cannot read the mind, just distort it.
19. Shamanism- The use of magic to diagnose and cure diseases, cause diseases, communicate with the spiritual world, control earthly elements, communicate with dreams and astrological symbols. Animals infused with otherworldly spirits are known as omens, and can be used to prepare for certain future happenings.
20. Shinto- Divination and Spiritual summoning through meditation and incantation.
21. Taoism- Unity with nature and the universe. Slow, steady magic spells that aren’t difficult to incant.
22. Thelema- Creative magic used by thinking. It makes whatever in you mind happen, but can only be used to reach your ultimate goal. If it is not used in such a way it is illegal to the laws of magic and is considered black magic.
23. Vodou- The use of your previous ancestor’s spirits to protect, attack, and heal a target.
24. Wicca- The use of ritualistic (but ancient) magic to produce a positive effect on the entire party. Usually to bless, strengthen, or purify.
25. Elementalism- The use of earth, fire, wind, water, and soul to bring about certain affects on a target or targets.

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: General Info/ Gameplay 4 - Unlight Energy / Orthodox Magic   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Unlight Energy / Orthodox Magic

Unlight Energy is a substance that is an unnatural mix of the dark matter of space and the fusion power like that our sun uses. The dark matter mimics destruction while the fusion power mimics creation. It is the ultimate power that binds life and death in all matter.

Unlight energy is the only "orthodox magic" because it uses the laws of science as a base on which to work on. You could say this magic is alchemy without the equivalent exchange. You can morph objects to change their size, shape and composition. You can make gold out of water, a solid metal weapon out of air, and completely erase something from existence.

The catalyst for unlight energy is quite complex. Basically you speak an incantation word. The sound from the incantation vibrates the surrounding particles around your mouth, thus heating them up a minute amount. This acceleration of heat difference creates a blank space in between the time from when the heat of the particles started rising and when it stop rising. This blank space is then filled by unlight energy because unlight energy is attracted to blank spaces in space and time. And that's just the basic concept of how you create usable amounts of unlight energy.

Another way to think of it is this: Unlight energy exists all around us in minute proportions, and when an empty space appears unlight energy rushes to fill the void, that void being the one you created using an incantation spell.

In the game, unlight energy is the main characters first and primary way in the beginning of the game to beat enemies. He can teleport himself through objects, destroy objects or enemies, move objects or enemies, manipulate weapons to change their stats (permanently or until he changes them back), create unlight energy shields to suck in foes (unlight energy is, in it's basic form, a nothingness. Anything that goes into it is destroyed), heal wounds (unlight energy can also be used to replace any matter in any place, so it is safe to say you can use it to heal yourself), and create objects.

In order to use unlight energy, you need to speak an incantation word or words (depending on the spell you want to use) and an object to transmute. If you do not have an object to transmute within a certain radius of your character that the unlight energy sucks the only element it can find to transmute an object into existence, you. Unlight energy is a very dangerous double-edged sword. Though the more powerful you become, the larger your selection radius is to select an object to transmute, you must always be mindful that there is something within that radius. Also, you must always beware of the right order in which you incant these magic spells. You cannot directly make a solid gold sword out of air. First you must freeze the air until it is a solid (yes, this is possible), then you must change the frozen air to gold, then you form the sword out of the gold.

Rules of Unlight Energy:
1. You cannot directly form a finished object without first transmuting the original element into the state you want the finished object to be in.
2. It is not wise to form an object and then change its element. It is much easier to change the element of a simple rod than a complex sword.
3. Decomposition takes the least time out of any magic spell and costs the least in energy, but is also the most dangerous because you must release unlight energy into a small place to destroy the object. If you wanted to completely destroy your enemy in a matter of seconds, this is your type of spell.
4. Creation takes the most amount of time and costs the most amount of energy, but is the safest of all types of unlight magic because you have alot of space to infuse the unlight energy into. If you wanted to create flowers out of thin air for your girlfriend because you're dense and forgot to buy them, this is the magic for you.
5. Elemental change takes about average in time and cost, but is by far the most powerful of all unlight energy spells because it allows you to renew old objects and make them stronger. If you wanted to make yourself younger, this is your type of spell.

Unlight Energy is a very powerful magic, probably the most powerful magic in the game. That's why I'm going against most stereotypical game plots and giving it to you as soon as the game starts. Aren't I cool?[b]

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: character descriptions 3 - Idfaunohr   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Idfaunohr-Nerulth's wife and a lieutenant of the Northern Brigade's 32nd Division. She studied in Puritory as a Julius (a fighting mage) and transferred up to one of the Northern Defense states to join the Northern Brigade. She has long, straight black hair and brown eyes just like her parents, but bleached it white and put it into ponytails all around her head to show her rank and repsect to Northern Brigade's "Lucky Jack," a female general who posed as a male in order to get into the army and raise money for her family's care. At the time of her joining the army she was Ebbeyien Brenner, but took the name of her dead brother, Jack, because women weren't allowed into the army. Due to Ebbeyien's efforts in pushing laws through Aura's legislative body, Idfaunohr and many other women were allowed into the army. Idfaunohr is learned in the Auran forms of Elementalism, Obi, and Bon, but learns Orthodox Magic (unlight energy magic) after Nerulth shows up and saves her (on multiple occasions) during the battle of the Run (The name of the state North of Aura). Nerulth teaches her orthodox magic and she forms a new school when she marries Nerulth and exits the army three years later. Please keep in mind that this planet's rotation is about 1.5x ours, so its really about 4.5 years later. Anyway, She forms a school that mixes Bon and orthodox magic. Basically, you sing the unlight energy incantation words while dancing to give the energy a more "flowy" feel. It doesn't cause as much damage but it is really useful for wide-area damage spells and is also an attractive dance style.

Last edited by Water_SS on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Water_SS
Grown Pup
Grown Pup

PostSubject: General Info/ Gameplay 5 - Encanting Spells   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 am

Encanting Your spells is like reciting a song. In most cases, magical incantation words are split up into subgroups; aka. By "speaking" a word, you select a list of other words, and by selecting one of the words from that list, you open another subgroup, and so on until the subgroups end or you "say" the "end" word, or the word that selects the encanted spell without going into another subgroup and forces it into the world.

Why I put "say" and "speaking" in quotation marks is because there are two ways to encant a spell: By using the controller and by using a headphone, which allows you to speak the incantation words.

To begin the spell, you say the "opening word" of that spell group. Unlight energy spells are "forced open" by saying "Rajit," which translates into the Auran word for "Begin."
Then you speak the "Root Words," or the beginning of the actual spell. This usually begins with stating the main use you want to use the spell for, such as healing, defense, or offense.
Then you speak the "Subgroup Words," or the specifics of what you want your spell to do. So say you want to heal a particular wound, say.... on your arm. Subgroup words can also be root words that have other subgroups contained within them, but I don't plan on making you have to say more than six words to incant a spell. If your reach the end of a subgroup (which can either happen if you haven't discovered any other subgroup for the encanted word or if there isn't one), then the spell automatically is forced out into the world without the use of the "forcing word."
If you want to end a spell without reaching the end of the subgroup, you may say the "forcing word," which takes the spell you have spoken so far, and forces it upon the world. Usually, the farther you go into a subgroup, the more selective (as in, selecting a target) the spell is. So stopping the spell short isn't necessarily a bad thing because you can target more people or be more general with the spell. Aka: You can target more than one person with a spell (rather than target one person) and heal your entire body (instead of just healing your arm or something).

Okay, that seems complicated right?
Well! If your using the microphone, you're in luck!
When you first say the opening word, time slows down, allowing you to speak the spell and pinpoint your target. Also, a little chart appears on the bottom of your screen which shows you your current method of magic, what spell group / subgroup you are on, and the words to all other subgroups that come after the current word. This allows you to calmly speak the incanted words, and can refresh your memory as to what spell does what.

For example (these examples are not set in stone, just examples):

"Rajit" Opening Word to Orthodox Magic
"Eltrei" Root Word for "Offense"
"Madujin" Subgroup / Root Word for "Copy"
"Letreho" Subgroup Word for "Make real"

The Rajit-Eltrei-Madujin-Letreho spell creates animorphic elemental copies of yourself from the selected element to attack your enemy
-The spell ended on Letreho, a Subgroup spell that wasn't a root word, and because of that the user doesn't have to end the spell with a forcing word.
-Madujin is a Subgroup word AND a root word, thus it has one or more extra specific words you can tack onto the spell after you say it. Of course, the user could have ended the spell, but then the copies would be kinda useless. They would be "not real" So basically the "copy" spell is useless as an attack unless you make them "real" by encanting "Letreho," though it can be used as a defense spell without using it, because the copies would look just like you and confuse the opponent.

"Rajit" Opening word for Orthodox Magic
"Malicran" Root word for "Healing"
"Reveriertos" Subgroup / root word for "Body"
"Kiet" Forcing Word for Orthodox Magic

The Rajit-Melicran-Reveriertos-Kiet spell heals your entire body of a small amount of damage.
-Reveriertos is both a Subgroup / root word, so there are word that can be encanted to make this spell more specific, such as healing a particular body part, because the user ends the spell with "Kiet," the forcing word, the spell is cut off and is forced into the world, healing all body parts for an equal amount. Each body part will only be healed for a fraction of what one body part would be healed for if your specialized the spell.
-Remember this!: When Incanting Orthodox spells, you use a medium to transmute. Because unlight energy can make something large from something very small, you don't really need to transmute large objects. But when casting spells that are more connected to the unlight energy the user pumps into them (such as creating clones), the size of the object increases the amount of energy put into the spell.
AKA: creating a sword from air will be no different from creating it from a giant mountain, but making clones from either will change their statistical effectiveness, giving them more power, speed, ect. in equal proportion to the amount of unlight energy the transmuted object gives you.

Ways to Begin Incanting Magic:

Using the controller: Hotkey Opening words to buttons, pressing one of the trigger functions to access.

Pros: Quick access, doesn't necessarily need memorization
Cons: Could possibly take longer to incant magic, only so many slots (up to 4? maybe more or less depending on the controller), and takes away from combat commands.

Using the headphone: Speak the magic spell.

Pros: Keeps the controller's buttons free for actions, wide range of available spells
Cons: User / speech recognition software malfunction (doesn't recognize word spoken),
Neither: Spells can be used quicker / slower depending on the user's speed and quality of the words he / she speaks.
Back to top Go down
CrimePartner
Grown Pup
Grown Pup
CrimePartner

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:52 pm

i have rad most most of your post about nephia .
it looks like its almost ready to turn it into a book.
lets hope it works out. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!   Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Add your Ideas for Prelude to Nephia!
Page 1 of 1